Ravenlink GPS Fiber Optic Link System
- Greater distance for remote antenna (up to 1,524m)
- Lower signal loss during transmission
- Security as the cable does not radiate signals
- Immune to environmental factors that affect copper
- Insulated cable so no electrical current can flow through therefore providing the ultimate in lightning and surge protection
- Immune to electrometric interference and radio-frequency interference
- Fiber cable can run beside industrial equipment without concern
- The cable is lightweight, thin and durable; making installation easier to handle, whilst also taking up less space
- Lower costs to maintain than copper cable
The RVL-1 FIBER is an affordable Multi- Constellation fiber optic solution for remote GPS antenna installations. RVL-1 covers frequency ranges from 800 MHz up to 1800 MHz and passes all of the GNSS frequencies (GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BEIDOU, SBAS, L-BAND) over fibre from a few meters up to 1,524 meters (5,000 feet).
This unit has been designed to operate on 12V to 36V AC or DC, allowing the use of low voltage NEC electrical wiring standards to be used at installation. The RVL-1 is designed to operate with any TNC GNSS antenna with at least 34dB gain for a complete solution.