Micro Radar Altimeter
The Micro Radar Altimeter is one of the most advanced radar altimeters on the market today. This technologically leading product is intended for standard UAVs, small UAVs (sUAV), micro UAVs (MAV), fixed and rotary winged aircraft, VTOL aircraft, terrain awareness and warning systems (TAWS) and similar applications. Because of its high update rate it is also specifically suitable for wave height monitoring and terrain mapping.
A summary of the outstanding features of the product is given below:
- Smallest Size: The Micro Radar Altimeter is the smallest size altimeter available today – 11 x 9.9 x 2.84 cm. With just 310 cm³ it outperforms all competitors.
- Lowest Weight: Lowest weight radar altimeter on the market. Only 350 g in standard housing. Sensational 160 g for fully integrated version.
- Lowest Power: Consuming just 3.7 W from 7-32 V DC it represents the lowest power altimeter device on the market.
- Unbreakable Design: Derived from automotive design, the Micro Radar Altimeter is extremely robust, works in -40 to +85°C temperatures and withstands highest shock and vibration levels.
- One Single Unit: Competitors need two models to cover 0.5 to 100 m and 5m to max. height. The Micro Radar Altimeter does it all in one unit: 0.5 to 500 m. Antenna System is integrated.
- Fastest Update: While most altimeters need 100 ms for one measurement, the Micro Radar Altimeter takes just 17 ms for one cycle – ideal for terrain mapping.